Monday, October 20, 2014

Confession #5: We push each others limits!


Although sometimes we do push each other to our limits in  a “omg you are driving me crazy” kind of way, most of the time it has more to do with stretching ourselves to achieve more.  I always say that the hubby really helped me awaken the leader within me. We both challenge each other on a regular basis and we make sure we are both growing constantly. Yes, we get on each others nerves a lot because we both have strong characters and we both want to be right all the time, but we use these discussions in a positive way. Last week I hosted and emceed an event for the Hispanic association that I co-chair, and the hubby was super supportive helping with stuff and being my motivation—being married to a speaker does have its perks!

#womenlead!

The hubby also had an event recently where he trained executives at a National conference—more of that to come on a post from the hubby! Although I was not there with him since it was at New Orleans, I still provided virtual moral support :)

Just as we push each other to achieve more professionally, we also push each other to achieve more physically. Let me tell you about one of our very interesting exercise sessions we had recently. So we were doing interval training in our basement and the hubby gets all military on me and starts yelling things like, “lower, lower! Give me 20 more, come on you can do it!” So I try to keep up but my least favorite exercise of all times is the plank, I just hate it! But the hubby seemed to like it and I couldn’t understand why. And he could stay in the plank position for a very long time. In one of the intervals that we were doing the planks, I decided to stop and look at the way the hubby was doing it.  I don’t know how to explain what I saw, so just look at the picture below. 

No wonder it was so easy for him, he had been cheating! And he was making me feel like such as slacker. 


The important thing is that we push each other to be better, and if we have to, we carry each other to the finish line. Because that is what we do as a couple and team, we push our limits to be better.


Tip of the day: Challenge yourself, stretch your abilities and push your limits, you might surprise yourself with what you are capable of doing.

@the wifey

3 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you push each other and my husband has helped awaken the leader in me too. also...he owes you like 839 minutes of 'real planks' so count it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, you better believe that I am getting those planks one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete